10 Nov, 2019
Celebrated Annual Day and Silver Jubilee Programme
Nepal GIS Society has successfully celebrated one day Silver Jubilee Inaugural Programme at the main hall of Local Development Training Academy (LDTA), Jawalakhel, Lalitpur on July 23, 2019 (Shrawan 7, 2076). There were altogether 85 participants from different organisations. In the progrmmme, following activities were carried out.
1) Honored all the founder members of the Society.
2) Shared presentation on 24 years’ activities of the Society by Govinda Joshi, General Secretary of the Society, on Agricultural Land Use Change in Tarai of Nawalparasi District by Dr.Bhola Nath Dhakal, from Nepal GIS Society and on Synthetic Aperture Radar: Concept and Applicationby Dr. Rajesh Bahadur Thapa, from International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD).
3) Remarked by respected Dr. Sunil Babu Shrestha, Vice Chancellor, Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST) & Chief Guest, Prof. Upendra Man Malla, Advisor, Nepal GIS Society, Dr. Rishi Shah, and Prof. Dr. Pramod Kumar Jha, Academicians, NAST. Prof. Dr. Hridaya Koirala, Head of Central Department of Geography, TU. They had highlighted contributions of Nepal GIS Society in last 24 years.
4) Organised posters exhibition showing historical events and various activities of the Society.
5) Nepal GIS Society’s 25th Annual Day and Silver Jubilee programme was celebrated cutting beautiful cake with silver jubilee logo.
6) The programme was organized chairing by Prof. Dr. Krishna Poudel, President of Nepal GIS Society.